We missed this one earlier this week, but James Corden and Mat Horne were guests on the BBC Radio program Switch with Nick Grimshaw.
You can listen to it on BBC iPlayer for the next few days. The boys make their intro right about the 38:30 mark.
As usual, we’ll do a quick recap for the impatient types.
After the jump.
- Corden revealed that hey and the editor for the show are primarily responsible for choosing the music and that they try to keep it British & current. We’ve pulled together some of the songs from Series 1 in our post “Gavin & Stacey Music.“
- Again pressured about his relationship status (see our Lily Allen coverage), Corden submitted a reluctant “yes” to being single.
- Corden and co-writer Ruth Jones split naming duties on the title characters in their series Gavin & Stacey. Gavin is one of Corden’s best friends who happened to meet his wife similar to his on-screen namesake. Stacey was chosen by Jones for the Welshness (Corden believes).
- Horne and Corden also confirmed they’re working on a sketch-comedy show for BBC.
- They also haven’t ruled out a second go at Big Brother’s Big Mouth (provided they’re free) but haven’t yet been asked. Other sources reveal the two might be “out” as presenters due to low ratings.
- Upcoming Gavin & Stacey episodes sound hilarious. Make sure to tune in Sundays at 9 on BBC3.
- Corden + Jones are working on a Gavin & Stacey Christmas special to air on BBC2.
You can also see some of James + Mat’s visit on YouTube. Here they (along with others) help host Nick Grimshaw try to run 6 miles.