With all the Gavin & Stacey appearances and interviews last week, we missed this one.
James Corden stopped by the set of Something for the Weekend to talk and cook, Sunday, March 16.
Here are the YouTube videos (many thanks to dvdom):
Or, see our recap of the highlights after the jump.
Corden talked mainly about Gavin & Stacey. Given the extensive coverage (and by now old news) regarding the premiere of Series 2, we’ll focus on some of the other, juicy bits. Including:
- Corden revealed that the story arc of Series 2 gets a bit “dark” at the end. Which in his words means more drama, not black comedy.
- The hosts referenced the insanely funny Empire Awards clip, seen here in our post “Update: 2008 Empire Awards.“
- He also starts a rumor about forming a new band, Twice Shy, with fellow guests The Enemy.
- If you weren’t patient enough to watch the first clip, Corden does a funny bit toward the end when he professes a mock-dislike for the first recipe of the show.
- In part 2, Corden lends a hand with some lamb kabobs. He sounds like a good cook. And he displays at a minimum some decent knife skills vs. a chili.
- He also dishes on how he prepares Beef Wellington.
- Then kicks some soccer (football) news around with the host (Corden is known for being a West Ham United fan).
- Corden also responds to a viewer inquiry about his success with the ladies. His answer: “some luck (and a wink).”