Horne and Corden
Details of the show have been trickling out for months from various sources. See some of our best coverage:
In addition to synchronized swimming, BBC3 reveals that the new six-part show will feature Horne and Corden hosting live in front of a studio audience. “New characters include Jonny and Lee Miller – two flamboyant magicians whose magic is left to the audience’s imagination, while their dance routines are magnificent.” We likely saw a preview during the Secret Policeman’s Ball and a similar charity gig for Focus 12.
Horne and Corden (a fansite for the new show) report other new characters:
- Xander a foul-mouthed but well-meaning boarding school chum who turns up at inapprorpiate times to remind people of embarrassing moments.
- Tim Goodall, a gay TV journalist more interested in sipping Pina Collada than discussing breaking news.
- Superman and Spiderman, who are a bit socially awkward (this could be the bit where the two share an on-screen kiss).
- “Ricky Gervais doing some serious acting.”
- An annoying office colleague who always has a better story from the night before.
- Someone looking for a mobile phone charger at inappropriate moments.
The show is also reported to be accompanied by six webisodes from behind the scenes.
Horne and Corden will be on air next month.